Collaborative content publishing platform
The introduction of technology to the
learning scenario has opened up immense possibilities for imparting
knowledge to the students. The traditional approach of class room based
learning has become more of a history and institutions are looking
forward to incorporating virtual classrooms in their future
developments. However, due to the need for high quality connectivity
infrastructure, hardware and equipments, virtual classrooms are still
out of reach of a vast majority of student who pursue education through
Government institutions or other state sponsored institutions.
such a case, there need to be balanced approach between the
investment made, and the results expected out of it. To make a good
impact on the teaching methodologies, It is important that schools and
institutions of higher learning resort to incorporating IT into their
teaching methods. It is important that the students benefits out of the
usage of technology in learning in this knowledge age.
of information technology and multi-media applications in developing
course ware and for delivering learning materials to students Is highly
on the rise across the world. However, in the case of technical courses,
there is always a perceived constraint in developing the course
materials. There is a general contention that technical learning can be
imparted effectively only with a classroom interface. A trained
instructor will alone be able to impart the expected knowledge to the
students. This proposal do not intent to propose a solution for
replacing instructors with e-learning materials, but propose methods by
which the course delivery by students can be further enriched and
enhanced by the use of Information and communication Technology in a
collaborative and structured manner.
- It is not mandatory that students, academicians and experts are to
be physically present at the campus for conducting the course.
- A wide resource base of experts and academicians in different parts
of the world can be build by the institutions under the department
since the interaction between students and teachers are done online.
- All phases of course administration form registration to student
test, course monitoring and evaluation can be conducted online.
- This mode can cater to all types of courses viz. general course, to
series of specialised courses.
- The Distance learning centre can have all state-of-the-art distance
learning technologies, with audio/video support, virtual classrooms,
video conferencing techniques that accompany audiovisual or multimedia
- This mode will help the Institutions under the department to network
and collaborate with other persons, institutions, colleges or
universities across the world to offer specialised programmes to
students, which will be an USP of the institution.
- The entire pedagogical process can be addressed online ie
through the e-learning portal of the Institution.
This will bring in a paradigm shift
in teaching methodologies, the students can have the feel of
undergoing a regular course and at the same time, can choose their
flexible time, study at their own pace ,while being in their comfortable
Users of the
The users of the system are
- Students who have registered to undergo the online courses of
the Institutions under the department.
- Guest users who want to gather information about the courses from
- Academic Community
- The components of the e-learning module will be developed with the
following being addressed.
- Pages and content will be developed and designed as per universal
standards followed in e-learning and will be SCORM Compliant.
- The e-learning module will be designed for the learners who are the
targeted user groups and will be completely learner-centric.
- Online Course creation. The course module will provide the
faculty/ other students to add their notes, observations, comments
learning links to the prescribed course materials which will be highly
beneficial to the students.
- Online assessment tool- An online assessment system will be
integrated with the system, which will aid the faculty to conduct
periodic assessment of the students. The online module will also
integrate a quiz engine and an exam engine, so that the Multimedia
interactive Training- The learning module will integrate all multimedia
technology devices like audio, video, mobile, interactive sessions,
webinars, podcasts, to enrich the learning experience of the students.